Check out Jason Cottrell and Tim Fernihough, co-founders of Myplanet, a boutique shop specializing in digital products and user experience, as they chat with Kyle and Lidia following the Think Thursday event.
In his Think Thursday talk, Tim talked about the 17 things that helped him become successful as an entrepreneur. If you missed the event, here they are:
17 Things That Made Me Successful - by Tim Fernihough
- Most days, you have to stay up later and get up earlier than anybody else.
- You have to deliver results when making excuses is easier.
- You have to meet deadlines that are unreasonable and yet deliver unparalleled results.
- You need to be able to cope with change, and lots of it.
- You have to place trust in others, even when it terrifies you.
- You have to be true to your dreams and goals when others tell you they are unrealistic.
- At the same time, you need to know when it’s time to let go.
- You have to lead when no one else is following you yet.
- You have to feel unsure and insecure when playing it safe feels smarter.
- You have to invest in yourself even though no one else is.
- You have to try, fail, and try again.
- You have to make mistakes and look like an idiot.
- You have to make the call you’re afraid to make and be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong.
- And after everything, you’ll have to fight some more when you are already injured, bloody, and sore.
- Derive your happiness from being valuable in any way, rather than focusing on development of a single skill set.
- There are no better teachers than those you surround yourself with.
- You will never know everything there is to know, and that’s ok.
Tim also credits Dame Luthas for lots of good advice and entrepreneurial wisdom. Check out Dame Luthas here.
If you’d like to attend a future Think Thursday event, join our Meetup group here.